Thursday, March 25, 2010

Paper Made Of Poo...Really I'm not joking!!!

Earth Day is right around the corner, April 22nd to be exact, so all of my vendors have been busy sending out Earth Day Flyers on new or exciting products for us to try and sell.

A lot all of them have been show casing the latest and greatest eco-friendly, foldable and reusable bags...some pens...but the one I received yesterday was one that I'm just not sure about.

My first impression was EEEWWWW...second impression was GROSE...and third impression is just WHY?

OK here it is (giggle, giggle) Elephant Poo Poo Paper! Yes folks, someone has actually made paper out of Elephant Poo. See you're asking yourself why too aren't you!

The notebooks come in 3 different sizes and in the description they actually make a point to say that it is "Odorless"...really? See to me that means that when this item first hit the market and people first laid hands on it, they were lifting it up to their noses to see if it smelled, so much so that they felt they had to note that in the description of the item. AND probably because it has Poo in the name.

Also noted is that because of the fibers used in the process of making the paper that "no two notebooks are exactly alike". I guess it depends on whether the poo in question was collected from an elephant that has a high fiber or protein diet. (Sorry I had to go there :-))

Where do they get the poo you ask your self?...well it is collected from various Elephant Conservation Parks and is boiled and cleaned and processed into a pulp (still grose). A good thing is that a portion of the proceeds do go to benefit elephant welfare and conservation products. Well of course it does...you need to protect the source of the poo empire!

I don't know, I guess it's a good thing because it's one less tree that is chopped down and they are giving some of the money back to help protect these animals...but its still Poo!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment