Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow















I love snow days!
As a kid it meant a day or two out off from school. We would wake up early in the morning to see how much had fallen then plan our day. The sheer excitement of the of a whole out of school playing in the snow was felt not only by my sister and myself but also by my mom. She was just excited as we were about the day because she would have a day off of work to stay home with us. We would go sledding, build snowmen, have snowball fights and bake! Robyn and I would go outside and play for a while then come back in to the smell of all kinds of cookies baking.
Patrick street where we lived would pretty much shut down. All of the kids and parents would meet at the corner of Patrick and Moncure street where the sledding hill was. Some days we would have the parent come out and start a huge bon fire right in the middle of the street and we would spend all day out there sledding and playing around. I remember one snow day Franklin Rick pulled us all around with his bronco with a knee board tied to the back of it. IT WAS SOO MUCH FUN!! We would also walk down to Eden Drug to get a grilled cheese sandwich and french fries.
Now that I'm a little older I still love snow days but they usually mean sitting on my couch with my files and my laptop working instead of at my desk. It is still considered a snow day to me so I have to be brazen in some aspects. No sledding, but sometimes I still make time for a snow angle or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment