Monday, January 26, 2009

A Phone Call

Last Friday I received a phone call from a prospective customer. Normally this wouldn't surprise me but this one did. She told me that she is a member of a local Church and that they are having a Women's conference in April and would love to have a gift to hand out to the attendees. Last year she said one of the ladies in the congregation hand crocheted 200 book marks as their gift...I'm thinking to myself how can I beat that...but this year she was thinking that she wanted a magnet or some other gift/giveaway with their logo imprinted. No Worries! I can handle that!
I asked about budget, she didn't know.
I asked if she knew about how much she wanted to spend, she didn't know but said that she wanted to be careful with the Lords money. Being a church I'm sure they have a small budget what ever it may be. Plus I don't think I could live with myself if I charged them full price for what ever gift they do choose. I mean come on...it's a Church.
What she said next made the hair on my arms stand up!
She said she opened the phone book and the Good Lord lead her to me!
Really, the hair stood up on my arm and I had a rush of...emotion...becuase I didn't know I was even listed in the phone book. If it is listed then it is just the name of the company and phone #. Which means she skipped over all of the other larger and more colorful advertisements to find me.
HOW COOL IS THAT!!
I pray every night for God to give me strength to be the best I can be and to give me guidance with my business...and for her to call and say that just gave me chills all over!

The Good Lord works in mysterious ways and I know he is extremely busy with all of the other problems in the world than to worry about whether or not I'm making money...but...to me at least...it seems he's been listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment