Friday, January 8, 2010

Vegas Baby!!

It's a new year which means ther is new SWAG in the world and I am on a mission to find it!

The Promotional Products Association International (PPAI for short) show in Vegas is my target destination and is the BIGGEST show of the year.

Two floors of smooshed in vendors, isle #'s that ran horizontally at one point but switch and start to run vertically, rolling brief cases and boxes with wheels whose sole mission is to trip you while you are looking up to find which isle you are on, and where the products are screaming "Look At Me"..."Look At Me"...whooo my head is spinning just thinking about it!

Given all of the obstacles and sore feet...I Love It!
I absolutely love the challenge that is the PPAI show. I say challenge because there is so much stuff and everyone has something new and exciting to show you! Picture a department store where the perfume counter stretches the length of 5 football fields and every 5 feet or so there is a perfume girl there saying, "can I spray you"...but instead of perfume it is some new techy gadget, or desk top toy, or new eco-friendly do-dad.

Having a plan is a must!

In my case I talk to my customers about what their upcoming needs may be and I plan accordingly. Mapping out your plan of action is a must at this show cause there is soo much to see. Usually the last day is the day that I end up just wondering around to see all the vendors that weren't on my list.

It truly is a great show for me to attend...It's like a treasure hunt and the treasure is finding the perfect items for your customers!

No comments:

Post a Comment